Western Newsletter of Transport Action BC and Transport Action Prairie
This issue’s contents:
- BC President’s Message – Grim future for VIA Rail
- ARE TRAINS FOR CANADIANS?
- Vancouver LRT thoughts – A counterpoint to the City of Vancouver’s endorsement of a subway to UBC
- VIA Rail service divides East and West, rather than linking it – letter regarding VIA Rail’s focus on the corridor
- Mid-Sized Buses Make Their Debut in Saskatchewan – Sask Transportation company new buses explored
- Island Corridor Update – the restart of the Malahat train on Vancouver island is pushed farther into the future
- Greyhound bus cuts – BC service has been reduced
- Talk about spin – VIA’s president’s speech disected
- IN BRIEF – Pattullo Bridge, VIA new hires, TransLink rapid transit studies
- Transport Action Prairie AGM – Oct 5, 2013 in Regina
- Cool! Trains! – Commentary on VIA Rail
- Humble trolley bus reborn as climate superhero – Excerpt of article on using trolley buses on rapid bus routes. Guest article by Eric Doherty. For the full article on the Vancouver Observer site.